If you’ve been hearing the term hyper-convergence tossed around a lot lately and you’re wondering;
- What exactly it is,
- What all the fuss is about … you’re not alone!
Today, Codec-dss want to introduce you to the exciting possibilities that hyper-convergence opens up. The best way to do it is to direct your attention to what some HP experts have to say in these recent blog posts:
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: a Software-Defined Data Center in a Box by Karen Brown. The title of this post gives you a really useful way of thinking about hyper-convergence, and Karen follows it up with this definition: HC is “a game-changing technology that seamlessly combines compute, storage and networking in a single, easily scalable appliance.” Plus a great intro to what hyper-converged can do for your remote and office locations.
- ConvergedSystem 250-HC StoreVirtual Chalktalk by Calvin Zito. This is the place to go for an overview of HP’s latest hyper-converged solution, announced in August. The post includes a short video that does a great job of explaining the kind of workloads and environments that can benefit most from HC.
Considerations for your transition to hyper-convergence by Kate Davis. If you decide to make the move to hyper-converged, where should you start your planning? Kate offers five basic principles to guide your transition and get the most out of the new technology. And continuing in the same vein, she goes into more detail on what’s involved in merging hyper-convergence into your data center – without any rip-and-replace – in her post Some things are better blended.
Codec-dss are a key HP Gold Partner. We are a member of the HP PartnerOne program. Our specialisations are as a HP Gold PPS Hardware partner, HP Gold ServiceOne Printing and Computing Specialist, HP Gold Server specialist and HP Silver Storage Specialist. We are the largest HP partner in Rep. of Ireland providing solutions on HP technology for the past 15 years to some of Ireland’s leading companies.
Supplying more IT Hardware than any other Irish reseller over the last 10 years. We have achieved this through our relentless focus on buying at the lowest cost possible. We will not be beaten on price.
To learn more about HP’s approach to hyper-convergence take a look at these resources:
- White paper: The top 10 things you need to consider when buying a hyper-converged infrastructure
- E-book: How hyper-convergence can help IT
- Web page: HP ConvergedSystem for Hyper-Convergence